O'Mara, Ellix

Final profiles for characters which are defined by being a Pokémon Trainer. If your character does not definitively belong in one of the forums below, they belong here.
Lex

Achievements

O'Mara, Ellix

Post by Lex » April 3rd, 2021, 7:27 pm

Those eyes of yours could swallow stars; galaxies and universes. What hope did I ever have? wrote:Name: Ellix O'Mara
Nickname: El
Birthplace: Cherrygrove City, Johto
Family: None ✘

Trainer Orientation: Lawful Good
Trainer Class: Jr. Trainer
Starter Pokémon: Chikorita

Character Theme (Alternative, True Feelings):
Koji Kondo ~ Staff Roll (Super Mario 64)

Character Theme (Alternative, Life Saving Mode Activated):
DJ Fresh ft. Ella Eyre ~ Gravity (Acoustic Instrumental)

There is nothing like the razor-sharp tongue of a good friend to cut through the lies we tell ourselves. wrote:
Lady Passionfruit [Female Chikorita] - She's a lady, and ladies shouldn't be messed with.
Despite knowing little about his new companion, Ellix did learn from the very first minute that this Chikorita was extremely naive. It's just as well, since her personality fits well with his. Lady Passionfruit enjoys the simpler, yet finer things in life, and is easily entertained. Although it's difficult to tell at this point how much personality she has, one thing's for certain: she seems to enjoy Ellix's company. It is no problem for her to entrust him with her life.
-Received from Professor Elm.

Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Naive
Move Pool: Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf, Poison Powder, Synthesis, Reflect, Magical Leaf
Level 22

Fizzy Sugar Bomb [Male Gastly] - I want the world. I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate. Give it to me now.
After Ellix, Jakk, and their Pokémon stepped into the Sprout Tower, Fizzy Sugar Bomb was caught almost instantly. The Pokémon emerged from within the structure of the building with the intent of attacking the small group. Despite this, Lady Passionfruit's Razor Leaf decisively defeated the Gastly. For now, Fizz seems to be just going with the flow and waiting to see what happens while with the team.
-Captured at Sprout Tower.

Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
Move Pool: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Mean Look, Curse, Shadow Ball, Night Shade, Confuse Ray, Sucker Punch
Level 22

Hulu Chopsticks [Male Aipom] - The following program is brought to you with limited commercial interruption by-- no, we're not doing that.
Hulu Chopsticks (often called Choppy, Sticks, or just Hulu) may have come from a small nesting of other Aipom and wandered astray just long enough to meet Ellix and his band. Apart from that, he is known to be highly energetic, unusually happy and jolly, as well as very, very quick.
-Captured at Route 32.

Ability: Skill Link
Nature: Jolly
Move Pool: Scratch, Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Astonish, Baton Pass, Tickle, Fury Swipes
Level 19
We are rarely proud when we are alone. wrote:When one sees Ellix, the first thing that comes to mind is 'he's short'. Even though he is shorter than others, his blindingly blond hair and large blue eyes make it impossible for anyone to miss him. He would have been loved in the 1920s. No matter how hard he tries, his hair is unruly and cannot be tamed. He also has a black ear gauge in his left ear.

There is no chance that you will see Ellix wearing a long-sleeved shirt. Definitely hoodies and jumpers, but never a long-sleeved T-shirt. It makes him feel uncomfortable and awkward. His love of layers, however, contradicts this. There is a very high chance that he will be wearing two layers even during the scorching heat. His appearance is more significant to him than anything else, regardless of the weather. It's not that he's a materialist, but he likes material things. The majority of his wardrobe is made up of T-shirts and dark cardigans, skinny jeans, chinos, the occasional pair of denim shorts for summer, and hooded jumpers, knitted fleeces and wintry coats for winter.

While his hair is of the utmost importance to him, only his shoes could possibly overshadow it. He won't feel right if he isn't wearing the right shoes. It won't do to wear white sneakers. Kicks, baseball shoes, and suede laced bangarangs, including wallabies, are more his style. It's always been a challenge for him to explain his favorite shoes to other people.

Being a wisp of a boy, Ellix has often been considered underweight, probably because of his size. His facial hair grows at an annoyingly fast rate, so he needs to shave every two or three days despite being incredibly hairless. In addition, he's always carrying a phial of cologne because he's paranoid he stinks at any given time.
Trust your hunches. wrote:To understand Ellix, you don't have to be mentally gifted - but it helps. The guy is eccentric to everyone, often spouting nonsense that only he can comprehend, which he's well aware of. Finding someone who understands what he's about and appreciates it takes a lot of digging and searching. His whole personality is devoted to acting like a nut case in order to cope with everyday life. Although that's not to everyone's tastes, he's learned to keep it fresh and in check.

Still, nothing makes him happier than laughing and joking. More than likely, he'll share it with someone if he can't do it himself. People have to coax him out of his, what he calls, 'wallowing cocoon', as his mood can change in an instant. While he's sometimes difficult to understand and navigate, he'd never give up on someone and hopes they reciprocate.
The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost. wrote:"Hi!

Hey, erm, sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to ask that you, uh, you don't tell them about my family. I mean, not to be rude to you or anything, but, my family don't understand me, and I doubt they ever will. I gave up trying to change them or their opinion - it doesn't work - the same way they gave up trying to change me.

Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, I gotta leave, and they gotta judge. That's how things work in my life. So, yes, I have family, but no, you don't need to know about them. Sorry. There really isn't much to tell, anyway - you wouldn't like them either.

Heh, sorry for this outburst. You can carry on with your, uh, biography or whatever this thing is now? I'll just... yeah... bye!"
Ellix O'Mara
Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another. wrote:Ellix has lived in the same rotten city his whole life. Growing up, he didn't mind it so much, but as he got older, he realized that it was the kind of place no one wanted to live in. Throughout his childhood, he dreamed of working with Pokémon. Yes, it was cliche, but it was the truth. He always aspired to perhaps one day work as a nurse and work in a centre, and once he had left school, that's what he started studying. As a matter of fact, he became one and was very, very proficient at it. One thing led to another, and soon his dreams of becoming a nurse became nothing more than fillers. It didn't take Ellix long to realize he didn't know what he wanted as he got older.

Growing up, school was tough. At his first and second schools, Ellix didn't have any friends to hang out with at breaks or lunch - but he didn't realize this until his mom pointed it out to him. This chiding clouded the boy in self-doubt and loneliness, making him feel that he had nobody he could call friends. They're just classmates. There was no one he didn't know. Every kid in his class, every kid he sat next to - the smart ones, the quiet ones, the football players. Although he knew their names, surnames, and their parents, no one was familiar with him. It wasn't until somebody else made him aware of how much he hated school that he realized how much he hated it. His feelings would have been better if he didn't find out.

There was something different about high school, though. After he developed himself as a teenager, Ellix became more aware of who he was and what he was competent at despite his horrendous high school experience. He realized he was smarter than the majority of his class, especially when it came to words, reading, and writing. In his youth, he also realised he had a decent knack for capturing female attention - which he would never use in the future. It was not only something he learned, but also something he could use to his advantage. Suddenly, he had found friends - those who shared his interests in music, Pokémon, and clothes - he was fitting in with certain crowds!

As mentioned, he trained as a nurse in a Pokémon Center after school. Despite being only a trainee, the job was straightforward, easy, and well-paid. There was only one drawback: it was boring and quiet. After leaving his city, he set out on his own adventure, knowing there was something more he needed to do. As this chapter of his life comes to an end, it seems odd that a boy this young has experienced so few things. Certainly, there is truth to that - but whether Ellix would ever share that knowledge with someone remains to be seen. A long journey might be exactly what he needs to get his life back on track and figure out what he wants. Exactly what he wants.
The course of true love never did run smooth. wrote:The Sky Is Everywhere featuring Lady Passionfruit
Onward March! featuring Lady Passionfruit
Home Shit Home featuring Lady Passionfruit
The Night Unfolds featuring Lady Passionfruit
Violet Skies and Violet Nights
Wuthering Height featuring Lady Passionfruit & Fizzy Sugar Bomb
A Lesson In Semantics featuring Lady Passionfruit & Fizzy Sugar Bomb
A City Never Sleeps featuring Lady Passionfruit & Fizzy Sugar Bomb
We've Got History featuring Lady Passionfruit & Hulu Chopsticks
Once More, As Before featuring Lady Passionfruit, Fizzy Sugar Bomb & Hulu Chopsticks
High Regard featuring Lady Passionfruit
This will be filled in as Ellix journeys on.

Return to “Trainer Characters”