Hale, Charlotte

Final profiles for characters which are defined by being a Pokémon Trainer. If your character does not definitively belong in one of the forums below, they belong here.
Dischord

Achievements

Hale, Charlotte

Post by Dischord » March 5th, 2020, 5:35 am

Im wishing too. For something new. wrote:Name: Charlotte Elizabeth Hale
Nickname: Izzy
Birthplace: Rustboro City, Hoenn
Family: Cullen Stewart (Father), Claire Hale (Mother)

Trainer Orientation: Neutral Good
Trainer Class: Journalist-in-Training
Starter Pokémon: Skwerl
Is that the most that you can dream or wanted to see? wrote:
Fidget [Female Skwerl] — "Hey, is that a.  Can I have that? Yes! Acorn! Score!"
Fidget is a Skwerl that was sent to Izzy when she turned twelve, and has been a kind of family pet since she was obtained.  Spoiled rotten, excitable as any other Pokémon of her breed, and incredibly energetic, she's where Izzy gets a lot of her bright outlook and positive outward vibe from.  The Skwerl is always moving, always on the go, and because of that, Izzy tries to mimic the Pokémon as much as possible, not letting even the worst events in her life get her down.  The two of them have a very good relationship, and Fidget does her best to cheer Izzy when the girl seems to slow down to take in what's going on around her.  Fidget is her focal point in a lot of ways, and the Skwerl repays her with absolute trust.  
—Sent to her by Cullen.

Dax [Male Shiny Brawleon] — "Hey, don't get fresh with my Izzy."
Dax is the first Pokémon that Izzy ever caught with her own skill, and has been with the girl since her first year of High School.  Her capture of Dax was something of a happy accident, and the brawling Pokémon has been with her ever since, during countless nights, either keeping her company when she was crunching for a particularly hard test, or just staying beside her when she was practicing her kickboxing on the weekends.  Dax is rambunctious and spirited, and incredibly protective of Izzy and Fidget, going so far as to constantly put himself between the pair during any altercation, if he possibly can.  He has a good relationship with the Skwerl, and the two can often be found sleeping together in a pile when not stowed away in their pokeballs.
—Captured during a field trip in Forina Valley.

Tricksie [Female Treecko] — "I hope you like your papers on the floor."
Tricksie is literally the most recent addition to Izzy's team, being obtained just before setting out on her first Pokémon journey.  Tricksie is a mischievous Treecko who enjoys making messes, and generally being a brat.  She's very independent and eager to be of use to her new trainer.  Similarly, Izzy wants to form a bond with her new Pokémon.  Dax seems indifferent to Tricksie's presence on the team, and Fidget is friendly and outgoing as ever, which is to say hyper and running circles around the new Pokémon.  Tricks will adapt.  Hopefully.
—Obtained from Professor Birch.
Now falling to her side the drops of rain that mix with light. wrote:Izzy stands at 5'5" tall when not in shoes.  In her sneakers, she's 5'6", easily.  She's an athletic individual and that shows in her build.  She's got a light musculature that is fairly lean despite the things she's been doing.  Her thighs and legs are thicker from a more obvious focus on those muscle groups.  She's got an extra ample bust that she tapes or binds down securely when exercising so it doesn't inhibit her movements.  Izzy keeps her blonde hair short, just below her chin, in a wavy bobbed hairstyle that looks like she just ran her fingers through it when crawling out of bed - her usual method of styling it.  Her eyes are a bright shade of blue, and her skin is pale, from hours and hours spent indoors.

She wears a variety of things in terms of clothing, with a few different outfits for her exercising practice.  Her day-to-day wear consists of basically the same thing as often as possible.  One of a number of sets of denim jeans that have laces up the sides, a soft brown zip-jacket lined with red, a pair of black and white high-top sneakers, some type of tight t-shirt with writing or imagery emblazoned on it, and a silver choker that was a graduation present from the editor of her High School newspaper.  She'll wear more formal outfits in settings where it's required, and owns a few pants-suits, and even a skirt-suit style outfit for those days when she has to be dressed up for a major event, but she prefers to leave those outfits alone.  When traveling, she trades her sneakers for a set of hiking boots, though the rest of her outfit stays much the same.

She's not exactly stylish, and she doesn't have an exceptional eye for fashion, but she likes the trendier styles of clothing where she can manage on her modest budget.
Artwork by unknown.
Just spinning lies with the only thread of kindness we saved. wrote:Izzy is like her Skwerl in a lot of ways.  She's jittery, prefers to stay moving in some fashion, whether that's spinning a pencil in her fingers, or just flexing or shifting in some way.  She's highly energetic and that shows a lot in her interactions with the people around her.  She doesn't like being without direction or shiftless, as it leaves her in uncomfortable silence.  She's used to being active and staying moving, and the changes that not being that way leaves in her personality are kind of stark.  When she's not active, she becomes a little bit withdrawn, usually going deep into her own head.  She spends a lot of time daydreaming when she's idle, sometimes writing articles in her head.  

When in every day interactions with other people, she's a very confident person, able to easily meet the eyes of anyone she's speaking with, and able to talk with them on an equal level.  It's a kind of journalist mode that she goes into where she puts any discomfort she'd be able to feel right out of her head.  She's used this in everything from interviews for the paper she was with, to wrestling matches against girls larger than her.  It makes her pretty unshakeable as an individual, so it takes something pretty substantial to leave her rattled.

She's also very easygoing for someone with so much energy, and doesn't waste a lot of her energy worrying about things, instead preferring to be as productive as she possibly can.  
I need to find tomorrow. Can you take me away? wrote:Izzy, as her friends call her, was born Charlotte Elizabeth Hale to Claire Hale and Cullen Steward in Rustboro City, Hoenn.  Despite the positive rapport that her parents had, the pair weren't together any longer than it took Charlotte to be born.  Claire and Cullen parted as friends, and while her father was a drifter during her childhood, Izzy was in semi-constant contact with him through phone calls, gifts sent on birthdays, and a positive working relationship between the two parents during her youth, despite the distance.  

Her childhood was actually pretty average despite the unique situation between her parents, and she had a typical sort of upbringing.  Her mother Claire was a journalist, and she imparted a love of language, linguistics and writing to Izzy, giving her the drive that eventually pushed her into pursuing a literature degree, and ultimately, into school journalism.  She was part of the paper for middle school, as well as being a track runner.  This led to her being interviewed as part of the team as often as she was responsible for writing other articles.  

During Middle School she received a package from her father that contained a Poké Ball, and information on a PC transfer.  She was given Fidget, her first Pokémon.  She spent two years trying to wrangle her relationship with the Pokémon into something that could pass for trainer and companion as opposed to owner and pet. It was during a field trip in her first year of High School that she managed to catch Dax when her class was traveling through Forina Valley.  

Dax's capture was an accident, as she and Fidget got into a fight with a pair of Brawleon in the valley.  The only spare Poké Ball she had was used to catch the shiny Pokémon, and he became the second of her team.  He also became her primary training partner when it came to her martial arts, and even her wrestling.  Keeping a person pinned as opposed to pinning a much stronger Pokémon was simple.  She and Dax were always careful to leave each other unmarked.  Their practice together was actually what led her away from track and into wrestling in the last three years of High School.  

Despite a very active schedule, Izzy managed to graduate with honors.  With the combined graduation present from her parents, that being a none-too-shabby cushion of money, enough to give her a year to intern or coast, she finally set her primary goal in life.  She wanted to be a journalist who wrote about Legendary Pokémon sightings.  This meant traveling, and writing freelance here and there where she could.  She'd gain experience with her team at the same time as she gained experience in her chosen profession.  

Her mother encouraged her, and her father was the one who finally made up her mind.  A postcard of the man holding a set of gym badges when he was her age prompted her to finally pack her belongings in boxes, manage what she could, set her finances straight, and set out.  Her first stop was Professor Birch's lab, where she picked up the Treecko now in her possession, Tricksie, and off she went.  She doesn't know where her journey is going to eventually lead her, but there are worse things she could do fresh out of school.
But fingertips traced every line and opened my eyes. wrote:Regular Abilities______________________________________
└-Skills, professions, knowledge and talents.

Reporting: Izzy has been a reporter for her local school newspaper, both through Junior High and into High School. She took a few preparatory classes that would hone her skills to eventually become a reporter, but has experience with writing articles for publication.

├─Classification: Talent
├─Category: Knowledge, Skill
└─Power Level: Expert

Martial Abilities______________________________________
└-Weapon specializations and fighting styles.

Sanshou: Sanshou (散手, lit. "Free Hand") is a martial art which was originally developed by the Chinese military based upon the study and practices of traditional Kung fu and modern combat fighting techniques; it combines full-contact kickboxing, which includes close range and rapid successive punches and kicks, with wrestling, takedowns, throws, sweeps, kick catches, and in some competitions, even elbow and knee strikes.  This is not a direct utilization, but rather a cumulative bubble of knowledge that she possesses.  Izzy's fighting style is mostly for self defense, and was learned through cumulative years spent in track building up her legs, kickboxing lessons every weekend, wrestling and learning throws and take-down techniques from some of the members of the martial arts clubs.  She rarely, if ever utilizes many of the punch maneuvers in the Sanshou style, instead showing greater preference to her legs.  Aside from knowing how to fight people, she also knows how to take down a Pokémon if necessary, as she spars with Dax whenever they have free time to do so.  

├─Classification: Physical
├─Category: Fighting Style
└─Power Level: Journeyman

Running to another day. I wanna break away and take the leap. wrote:"Thanks, Professor.  I was surprised you remembered me, but I'm grateful for the help."  Izzy flashed a smile at Birch from where she sat perched on the edge of his desk.  The last time she'd been in here was two years ago, interviewing him for an article in the school paper.  The lab was less a mess, if no less quiet.  Things were tidied, and he'd had two pokeballs, instead of the customary single one.

"Not a problem, Izzy.  I'm only surprised it's taken you this long."  He nodded to the Treecko that was now sitting on her lap, and tossed her the Poké Ball for it one-handed.  "Just promise me you'll take good care of him."

She caught the stern look on his face and she gave him another smile, this one meant to be reassuring.  

"Of course, Professor.  I'd do us both a disservice if I did anything less."  She recalled the Treecko into the Poké Ball as she caught it, and pushed herself off the edge of the desk, making sure she hadn't caused anything to tip or fall.  She offered out a hand to him, flashing him the Pokédex in her other hand as she did so.

"I'll try to get you as much information as I can.  Expect I might send back a few articles if I can.  It might not be as scientific as the 'dex is, but it might give another more human perspective.  And if I can get any interviews from breeders, it might give you more information that might not otherwise fit, you know?"  Birch nodded as he took her hand in his, and gave the younger woman a smile of his own as they shook.

"I look forward to it."  Birch shoved his hands into his pockets then, one hand settling on the remaining Poké Ball inside, as Izzy headed out the doors of the lab.

When she was clear of the lab, Izzy reached down and clipped the Treecko's ball onto the ball beside Dax, a smile given as she pumped one arm.

"Alright! We managed it, Fidget.  I couldn't have hoped for better.  Our little family is expanding.  Now, we get to travel and see where we end up, huh?"  The Skwerl on her shoulder chattered at her, brushing both sides of her face as she stared at her.  The pair of them stretched out, Izzy checked the straps on her backpack, and with one last look back at the laboratory she was off on her way, eager to see what new adventures life held for her.  

Return to “Trainer Characters”