Sperreling, Taylia

Final profiles for characters which are defined by being a Pokémon Trainer. If your character does not definitively belong in one of the forums below, they belong here.
MizuJakkaru

Achievements

World Events

Sperreling, Taylia

Post by MizuJakkaru » February 22nd, 2020, 12:26 pm

We'll do everything by the book! wrote:Name: Taylia Sperreling
Nickname: Twi
Birthplace: Hau'oli City, Alola
Family: Andrew Sperreling (Father), Rommie Sperreling (Mother), Philippe Sperreling (Older Brother), Cadance Amore (Sister-in-Law)

Trainer Orientation: Lawful Good
Trainer Class: Rising Star, Schoolgirl
Starter Pokémon: Rowlet
We've learned that friendship isn't always easy... but there's no doubt it's worth fighting for! wrote:
Owlicious [Male Rowlet]Hoo?
A studious little nut, Owlicious was Taylia's first Pokémon. They are incredibly close because of this, and Owlicious is the Pokémon one will see most often riding on Taylia's shoulder or fluttering over with a book in claw that the girl needs for her studies. The Pokémon is incredibly smart, capable of housekeeping and reading human script... though it's a toss up whether or not the little Pokémon understands anything it reads beyond a basic level. Owlicious does not normally get along with Spike, though they sometimes have their moments of peace.
—Received in Hau'oli Outskirts from Kukui Candlenut.

Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Calm
Move Pool: [attack=astonish], [attack=growl], [attack=peck], [attack=razor-leaf], [attack=tackle]

Spike [Male Rockruff]You are a natural! A natural disaster!
Taylia's first task at Solaris Academy as Celeste's pupil was tending to a Pokémon egg. This egg, which hatched into Spike under Taylia's care, proved a daunting task for the girl, who was expecting a much more intellectual test. Nevertheless, Taylia is incredibly attached to the puppy that hatched, having always been fond of the Rockruff found in her homeland. Spike himself is a rambunctious little bundle of fur and mischief, often getting himself into trouble that Taylia has to rescue him from.
—Hatched at Solaris Academy.

Ability: Vital Spirit
Nature: Quirky
Move Pool: [attack=bite], [attack=howl], [attack=leer], [attack=sand-attack], [attack=tackle]
I can't believe we're finally here... wrote:Somewhat average in appearance, Taylia bears the darker skin of her ancestry more than any other member of her family. Even her mother has somewhat fairer skin, though Taylia's grandparents share the girl's skintone. Her dark hair is a purple-blue with pink and lavender streaks. She keeps it long, but trims her bangs with acute precision, keeping them hemmed in and out of her eyes for the explicit purpose of not having to tuck them aside when she's buried in a book. Her eyes are a deep purple and rather wide.

Her fondest garments are skirts and sweater vests, preferably in some kind of dark blue or purple. She dresses mostly in casual, loose clothing, having never cared for flaunting her physical appearance or putting thought into it. Boots and sneakers are her go-to shoes. Taylia never goes out without a book back or satchel of some kind, and she usually travels with one large enough that Spike can ride inside.
Artwork by GomiGomiPomi (front) and IdyllicCommotion (right).
Trainer Sprite and VS Sprite by 0RCV0.
Artwork by Maksn (left), HealingWind (middle left), Doxy (middle right) and Valornomad (right).
[/center]
I have to finish this report to the headmistress summarizing all my other reports to the headmistress. wrote:Studious and intellectual, Taylia is a shut in, through and through. She never considerers anything but her books and her studies. She is a polymath, has an IQ of 201, an eidetic memory. Taylia is, in a word, smart. But she suffers for this intellectual ability, having never put thought or effort into growing friendships and social skills. As such, she can be utterly awkward around people and in groups. Taylia has yet to really bond with anyone else, preferring to stick to her books and the friendship found with her Pokémon.

That being said, Taylia's intellect is her greatest strength. She has applied herself to every subject she can manage and is well on her way to achieving a quadruple PhD in the next two years or so. She's quick on her toes when it comes to recalling facts and figures, and always seems ready to leap at a puzzle or riddle. She can get direly carried away, however, and forget to sleep and eat.

Lately, making friends has been her task. Assigned to her by Celeste, her mentor, she's dourly begun to attempt to forge friendships with others... to very little success thus far.
Something tells me everything is not going to be fine. wrote:
Name: Andrew Sperreling — Seek the will to excel.
Relationship: Father
Trainer Class: Veteran

A veteran of the Kalos League, Andrew moved to Alola when he retired from battle. He now lives with his pleasant family, having married Rommie, and Alolan native. He's supported and firm in his rules, which lead to Taylia and Phillipe being rather well rounded. Andrew himself has since given away all his Pokémon to would-be aspiring champions. His own prized Pokémon now belongs to Phillipe.
Name: Rommie Sperreling — Caring for the world is caring for yourself.
Relationship: Mother
Trainer Class: Socialite

A native of Hau'oli City, Rommie spent her entire life working the intellectual community of her region. When the Aether Foundation arose, hers was one of the families to invest in the safe haven. She met the love of her life when Andrew moved to the region from Kalos. Now she dotes on her two darling children without reservation.
Name: Phillipe Sperreling — I will stand for honor and protection of others.
Relationship: Older Brother
Trainer Class: Solaris Amorguard Captain

Phillipe remains to this day one of Taylia's greatest inspirations. Having shared a very close relationship with her older brother, the girl strove to be successful both for her parents and especially for Phillipe. Today, she has followed the young man to Solaris Academy, though this was an unintentional benefit of enrolling in the school. She was a bit taken aback to learn that the young man had eloped with the love of his life, Cadance Amore, but she quickly got over the jealousy upon seeing how in love her brother truly was.
This is your dream! Anything you can do in your dreams... you can do now! wrote:Born in Hau'oli City to Andrew and Rommie, Taylia is half-Alolan and half-Kalosian, though she gets more of her physical appearance from her mother's Alolan side. A bright young girl from the moment she opened her eyes, Taylia took to learning the way a Baish takes to water. Reading books well beyond her years by the time she was two, Taylia's studies were lit by a wildfire. The one person who broke into her book-sheltered world was her brother, Phillipe. Her "Big Brother Best Friend Forever," Phillipe was the only person who Taylia ever opened up to, and he loves his sister dearly.

As Taylia grew up, she continued to apply herself to her schooling. Even as Phillipe moved away to Unova, Taylia slaved away, learning every subject she found, she delved into. He extensive collection of books began to literally fill her room beyond mobility. Finally, her parents decided that she needed some kind of companion and when she was ten, they sent her to the Hau'oli Outskirts to find Professor Kukui and request a Pokémon from him. She walked away with a Rowlet, which she named Owlicious. The Pokémon quickly became the girl's study partner and, while he didn't have quite the effect her parents hoped for, he did give Taylia a friend.

As Taylia began to reach the end of public schooling, she attracted the notice of Celeste Caellux, who was looking for a bright, young individual to tutor personally. When the Alolan girl passed a battery of tests with little effort, Celeste offered her a trip to Solaris Academy to receive the next set of tests in person.

When Taylia arrived, however, she had not expected a practical exam. She was given an egg and told to hatch and tend to the young Pokémon for the span of a month. Owlicious had never been a nuisance, but the young Rockruff that hatched from the egg she was given quickly proved to be a handful. Still, Taylia persevered and brought the bundle of energy to heel in the allotted time span, impressing Celeste.

Presently, Celeste is having the girl attempt more tests to further measure the girl's aptitude. The prospect of attending Solaris Academy, where her brother coincidentally graduated from and being Celeste's personal pupil is too good to pass up... and Taylia will take any test in stride. Even her current one, "friendship."
Just because I have all this knowledge doesn't mean I'll be a good leader! wrote:Regular Abilities______________________________________
└-Skills, professions, knowledge and talents.

Eidetic Memory: Taylia possesses a near perfect eidetic memory, meaning she can recall with almost 100% accuracy anything she's read. For this reason, she seems to just breeze through books at a lightning pace.

├─Classification: Talent
├─Category: Misc.
└─Power Level: Inherent

Learned: With a tentative knowledge in most fields and an expert level knowledge in others, Taylia has the knowledge base of a damn computer. This doesn't mean she's technically mastered any large field such as quantum physics, but she can apply herself quite well to a layman's knowledge of the world's workings.

├─Classification: Talent
├─Category: Knowledge
└─Power Level: Expert

I'm supposed to be the one with all the answers. And all I've done since I got here is let you down. wrote:"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!"

Taylia hurried down the halls of the academy's central tower, her jacket fluttering behind her. A Rowlet at her shoulder and a Rockruff at her heels, she ran full sprint down the marbled corridor. A book flew out of her satchel, and Spike jumped up to catch it in his mouth before sprinting to follow after his owner. Purple hair a banner behind her, she skidded around a corner, straight into a form a full head or so taller than her teenage form. Toppling back, she nearly fell on her rear before Celeste caught her and steadied her.

The headmistress smiled. "In a hurry?"

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" Hurriedly, Taylia pulled out a bundle of notes and dusted them off. "H-here's my research from last night! You'll find it annotated and cross checked and my foot notes reference all of my sources."

Celeste smiled and patted her on the head before sweeping the notes away. "As professional as always, but one day you'll have to learn to take life at a calmer pace."
Characters: Click to ToggleShow
We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. ~ Ernest Hemingway

Canons: Archer TychonFlint AdrienN HarmoniaOichi-no-kataSabrina NatsumeSilver SakakiVolkner DenzyThe Guardian of the Sea: Lugia

Main Originals: Jakkaru KorekutaKaty RohmeKayzen HudsonMotoko Aoyama

Active Originals: Blake BelladonnaKotomi KatakuraPaige HamiltonRuby RoseSheresh BeroyaTessa Testarossa

Inactive Originals: Aadin FitzgeraldAila JyrkiäinenAlice LafleurAlthea CarintheaAlyssa Bee CarverCannelle ShepardCattleya LuthariaChristian TörneCobinathan MeryhDarien SmithsonElpeo CruzFelicité CheyenneFisher KingFourteenGrant SmithsonGoose FitzgeraldGumi NakajimaHaru YūreiHayden CabretHaze CabretHenry Törne-SabotenHypnos FabrelHotaru KobayashiIvansen KaverinJakk BennettLeah-Brooke ZimmermanLi-Fen JiangMarida CruzMina DelaneyMyuNikolai Eskridge-AlexandrovPurutu CruzRyan-Keith GoodmannRylee FitzgeraldSadira PerittSamantha MeryhShia JyrkiäinenTaylia SperrelingThanatos FabrelThyssen TörneTorey SparkTyler ArdenVaniel La'elVincent La'elYew BarkleyZoe FitzgeraldZeus Illiadin

(Inactive originals are one of three things: played in a set plotline or setting, exclusively played with certain people, or characters I felt like making, don't actively use, and save pretty much for cameos. Mostly the last one.)

Return to “Trainer Characters”