Denzy, Volkner

Final profiles for canons classified as major canon characters.
MizuJakkaru

Achievements

World Events

Denzy, Volkner

Post by MizuJakkaru » February 25th, 2020, 9:02 am

The Shining and Shocking Star. wrote:Name: Volkner Denzy
Nickname: N/A
Birthplace: Sunyshore City
Family: Corrado Denzy (Father), Diàncí Denzy (Mother)

Trainer Orientation: Chaotic Good
Trainer Class: Gym Leader of Sunyshore Gym
Starter Pokémon: Pikachu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1_DakpMJ2c?version=2

Junichi Masuda ~ Battle! Gym Leader (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl)
You guys are tough! But we can match your toughness! wrote:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
This is it! My trump card! wrote:Volkner might strike one as a laid back type of guy, but only if you aren't aware of how eternally bored he is. which makes him look detached and calm. His blond hair is gelled into a messy, spiky, hair style, with two locks concealing his ears. He has narrow-ish gray eyes and pale-ish skin.

Clothing wise, Volkner wears a black undershirt with a formal military jacket over it. The jacket is detailed with three yellow buttons on each upper sleeve, and black collar and cuffs. It also has a yellow trim. Volkner wears nondescript black jeans/pants, and plain brown shoes. One final detail is his silver wallet chain.
Artwork by Ryugo (front) and Gumidemo Kandero (right).
I want to have battles that can thrill me again. wrote:Volkner is almost always bored. He's slightly depressed, too, because of the fact he's such a good Trainer. This might seem weird, but if one considers how hard it is for Volkner to find Trainers that are a real challenge, it really isn't. He's the type that will wander from his Leader duties in his boredom.

He often considers challenging the Sinnoh Pokémon League in hopes of earning a position so that he will face tougher challengers, but he has never followed through. Flint, a good friend of his, always talks him out of it, or talks him into fighting a Trainer at the Sunyshore Gym so it will "reignite" his "fire."
They say I'm the top Gym Leader in Sinnoh... but... wrote:Volkner grew up in Sunyshore City, receiving a Pikachu from his father as a child. Taking great interest in battling at a young age, Volkner began to hone his skill. At a young age, Volkner met Flint, and the two battled upon meeting, with Volkner losing this fight.

Volkner turned around and threw himself into battling and training. He rechallenged Flint, coming out on top. Following that, the two trained together daily. Starting off as rivals, Flint and Volkner became close friends during one stormy day when they faced down a poacher together. They they were severely flattened, they managed to scare the poacher off.

When they turned twenty, Flint left to train extensively, while Volkner remained behind as he had been announced the new Gym Leader of Sunyshore. While Flint grew intensely stronger, Volkner faced the young and inexperienced Trainers that challenged him. Jealous of Flint getting to fight stronger opponents and becoming a member of the Elite Four of Sinnoh, Volkner grew bored of being the Gym Leader.

Volkner is so often bored, that he builds mechanical traps for his Gym simply to stave off his boredom for awhile. He spends almost all his time renovating his Gym's equipment, sometimes causing Sunyshore City to have blackouts because it puts strain on the city's power grid. Volkner is responsible for Sunyshore City's solar powered grid, having built it himself.

He's known to wander from his Gym when he's not working on the equipment there, often frequenting the Sunyshore beaches or lighthouse in search of something more interesting to do. One can usually find him at one of these two places.

He's good friends with Flint of the Sinnoh Elite, and often finds himself being talked out of challenging the Sinnoh Leauge for a position by his friend. He sometimes travels to the Battle Zone with Flint to challenge people to double battles and it is said by spectators that the friends argue the entire time in their tag-team fights.
Winning makes me happy and losing leaves me angry... That's no great revelation — but it's what makes me stronger. wrote:Volkner sighed. It was such a simple gesture, sighing. But he did it a lot. There was nothing to do here anymore. A week ago, he had thought up a new trap for his Gym, and so he had set out building it with quite some vigor. Today he had finished it and gone straight back to being bored. In that week he had four Trainers challenge him. In that week... well... he had seen four Trainers walk away without their Beacon Badges.

No one was a challenge these days. Perhaps he really should have challenged the league, but just yesterday Flint had made him promise not to consider it until he fought at least one more trainer. Who did Flint think he was trying to fool, anyway? One day he would make his way to the League, regardless of his friend's constant attempts to stave him off. Perhaps Flint was just scared of losing his position to Volkner... Nah. Flint was third in line. Aaron would be the one to go.

"Sigh..." Volkner stared out across the horizon, towards the island where the League lay.

"Hey! Are you Volkner?"

Volkner tipped his head back to peer at the speaker, blond hair shielding his eyes somewhat. It was a Trainer, Volkner could see it in his stance and by the fact he carried a roster of six Poké Balls. The waves crashed near Volkner's shoes, his bored eyes scanning the Trainer over thoroughly.

"...I am..."

"Think we could fight? I only need one Badge more for the League."

Volkner continued to size him up. The Trainer didn't wear extravagant clothing, and he carried himself with ease. His smile was somewhat lopsided and while he seemed sure of himself, he didn't ooze over-confidence. Inside, Volkner could feel a spark of excitement beginning to glow. This Trainer looked like he meant business.

"...All right, challenger," he replied. Despite his disinterest though... Volkner could feel the eagerness for battle growing inside him. Yes. This was going to be a shocking battle, no matter which way it went... of that... he was certain.
Characters: Click to ToggleShow
We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. ~ Ernest Hemingway

Canons: Archer TychonFlint AdrienN HarmoniaOichi-no-kataSabrina NatsumeSilver SakakiVolkner DenzyThe Guardian of the Sea: Lugia

Main Originals: Jakkaru KorekutaKaty RohmeKayzen HudsonMotoko Aoyama

Active Originals: Blake BelladonnaKotomi KatakuraPaige HamiltonRuby RoseSheresh BeroyaTessa Testarossa

Inactive Originals: Aadin FitzgeraldAila JyrkiäinenAlice LafleurAlthea CarintheaAlyssa Bee CarverCannelle ShepardCattleya LuthariaChristian TörneCobinathan MeryhDarien SmithsonElpeo CruzFelicité CheyenneFisher KingFourteenGrant SmithsonGoose FitzgeraldGumi NakajimaHaru YūreiHayden CabretHaze CabretHenry Törne-SabotenHypnos FabrelHotaru KobayashiIvansen KaverinJakk BennettLeah-Brooke ZimmermanLi-Fen JiangMarida CruzMina DelaneyMyuNikolai Eskridge-AlexandrovPurutu CruzRyan-Keith GoodmannRylee FitzgeraldSadira PerittSamantha MeryhShia JyrkiäinenTaylia SperrelingThanatos FabrelThyssen TörneTorey SparkTyler ArdenVaniel La'elVincent La'elYew BarkleyZoe FitzgeraldZeus Illiadin

(Inactive originals are one of three things: played in a set plotline or setting, exclusively played with certain people, or characters I felt like making, don't actively use, and save pretty much for cameos. Mostly the last one.)

Return to “Major Canon Characters”